- The Lakers Sports and Recreation Club organizations that collect and control data,
- The personal information we collect and how we use it,
- With whom we share your information,
- The measures we take to protect the security of your personal information, and
- How you can communicate with us about your rights and choices.
This policy was written in English. To the extent a translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
THE LAKERS SPORTS AND RECREATION CLUB ORGANIZATIONS THAT COLLECT DATA
Lakers Sports and Recreation Club operates through different organizations:
- Lakers Sports and Recreation Club, Ltd. (“Lakers Sports and Recreation Club Limited”) is the charitable company name Headquartered in Bray, also known as ‘LSR’ for this document
LSR is the controller for information shared with it. Information you submit for membership, events and payments to Lakers Sports and Recreation Club Ltd.
INFORMATION LAKERS SPORTS AND RECREATION CLUB COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect different kinds of information that help us run Lakers Sports and Recreation Club activities, promote inclusion, raise awareness, and support for our mission. Here are the categories of information we collect, how we use it, and the legal bases:
- Your Contact Information is used to provide information to you regarding Lakers Sports and Recreation Club activities and our mission, and to offer you opportunities to donate to Lakers Sports and Recreation Club. Contact Information includes your name, address, phone number, email address, and your parent or guardian’s information if you are a minor or an adult with a legal guardian. Our legal basis for using your contact information is our legitimate interest in communicating with members of the Lakers Sports and Recreation Club movement. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club securely stores this information as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you.
- Your Participation Data are used to operate Lakers Sports and Recreation Club activities, promote Lakers Sports and Recreation Club, solicit donations, recognize Lakers Sports and Recreation Club sponsors and partners, and maintain the history of Lakers Sports and Recreation Club. Participation data include your name, age, gender, competition results, participation history, images, video, and biographical information. For example, your participation data might include a picture of you receiving a gold medal or prize in a Lakers Sports and Recreation Club Event or Activite. Our legal basis for using your information to publicly promote Lakers Sports and Recreation Club, solicit donations, and recognize Lakers Sports and Recreation Club sponsors and partners is based on your written consent provided in a registration or separate release form. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club keeps this information to document your accomplishments and participation unless you ask us to delete it.
- Disclosure of Statistical information to Funding Bodies and Funding Grant Schemes are used to promote and prove to funding bodies the vital, access, inclusion, developmental and supportive activities we provide to people with intellectual disabilities, in order to gain or maintain funding and grants for Lakers Sports and Recreation Club. This includes volume of participants, ages, and geography and demographics but does not include private individual names, or contact information.
- Your Donation History is used for accounting, tracking your giving to Lakers Sports and Recreation Club, and thanking you for your gifts. We do not store your credit card information, and credit card payments are routed through payment card industry compliant third-party payment services. Our legal basis for storing and processing your donation history is our legitimate interest to use and maintain information necessary for fundraising that supports our mission and in accordance with accounting standards. Donation history is stored in accordance with applicable accounting records retention schedules required by law.
- Online Message Boards and similar online tools maintained by Lakers Sports and Recreation Club allow you to disclose information about yourself publicly. Our legal basis for collecting information on such platforms is our legitimate interest in promoting awareness and generating interest in Lakers Sports and Recreation Club’ activities and mission. Because of the public nature of these tools, other online users can access information you provide.
In addition, we also collect other technical information such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), CPU type (e.g., Pentium Intel Core), your manner of connecting to the internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access); internet protocol address; other information about your geographic location; and/or the domain name of your internet service provider.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Our website is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without the consent by the holder of parental responsibility. If you are under 16, you are prohibited from providing information to Lakers Sports and Recreation Club through this website without verifiable parental consent. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 16, we will delete that information and only recollect the information after receiving parental consent. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 16, please contact us using the contact information below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
Lakers Sports and Recreation Club will share your personal information in certain additional situations:
- Payment Processing. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club uses third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services. If you choose to make a donation online, by phone, through the mail, or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers. We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf.
- Medical Emergency. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club will disclose your personal information to medical professionals in an emergency.
- Third Party Researchers. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club will disclose your personal information confidentially with researchers, such as universities or public health agencies, who are studying intellectual disabilities and the impact of Lakers Sports and Recreation Club activities. This kind of disclosure will only be made with your written consent. Information will only be published in aggregate form without identifying any individual data subjects.
- Visa Assistance. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club will disclose your personal information with government authorities for the purpose of assisting you with any visas required for international travel to Lakers Sports and Recreation Club events.
- Necessity. Lakers Sports and Recreation Club will disclose your personal information as necessary to protect your vital interest, protect the vital interest of another person, protect public safety, respond to government requests, and report information as required by law.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You have the right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you;
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you;
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you;
- Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted or object to the processing of your personal information; and
- Have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
If you are an EU resident, you may also have the right to data portability. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. We will apply your choices going forward.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and have established safeguards to help protect such information. For example, to protect your privacy, Lakers Sports and Recreation Club uses passwords to help verify authorized user identity before granting access anywhere your personal information is stored. All online monetary transactions are done through Stripe which requires a personal pin number before the payment is processed. Your credit card number is securely masked at this stage, ensuring no staff have access to your credit card details.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Contact Lakers Sports and Recreation Club if you have any questions or requests related to your information:
Lakers Sports and Recreation Club
The Old School House
Bray, Co. Wicklow
Phone: +353 1 2022694