Get on your walking boots and explore some of Irelands great outdoors with Lakers Virtual Hikes.
This October and November we are challenging you to take up one of our 5 Hiking & Walking Challenges to raise funds for our club for people with special needs.
Simply choose a hike that suits your experience and location (or chose a local walking route yourself), and pick the date you wish to do it.
Once you register or pop us an email we will send you route maps and advice for the walk, as well as an awesome t-shirt, and a medal once your walk is complete.
See below our list of hikes around Leinster.
- Glendalough Spinc or Lakeside Walk – Wicklow. Choose from a 1 hr Lakeside walk to a 3 hr hike up to the Spinc with panoramic views
- Ticknock Fairy Castle Loop – Dublin. See Dublin Bay, Mourne Mountains, and the Sugarloaf standing beside one of Irelands oldest Passage Cairns (6km 1 hour 40 mins)
- Donadea Woods, Kildare – 6km loop around ponds, woodlands & the old historic house at Donadea
- Ravenspoint Wood Loop , Wexford – Walk through the beautiful woods, to the stunning sandybeach at Ravenspoint, Wexford ( 6.4 km 1.5 hrs)
- Glenbarrow Waterfall Loop, Rosenallis, Laois – 7km (2 hours)
If you are from another area, we have a long list of places you can hike, just email in and we can offer you some options to suit your fitness level in your local area..
Click here to start your fundraising page (this will also automatically register you for a hike)
General Advice: Most walks will require decent walking shoes, wet weather gear, water, snacks and a moderate level of fitness.
- This is not a guided hike so you will be responsible for your own safety during your challenge
- Please make sure you choose a walk to suit your level and experience
- Please make sure to bring suitable walking gear
- Please make sure you can read your map, have it handy, and know route before setting off
- All hikers must be over 18 or accompanied by an adult
- Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged and that you let someone know where you are going, when you set off, and when you return.