We are currently recruiting a Fundraising Coordinator to work with the fundraising team.
Hours: 20 per week.
As some meetings and events will be held out of office hours flexibility with working times required.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager the Fundraising Coordinator will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraising Committee to manage all current fundraising events,
- Adhere to Lakers overall fundraising strategy,
- Ensure effective strategies to secure funds across different fundraising channels with particular focus on events, corporate support, grant providers and building a committed and regular giving donor base of supporters,
- Maintain and grow income from the existing portfolio of events,
- Build and maintain relationships with current and identify new corporate supporters via proactive engagement strategy,
- Research grant providers and coordinate grant applications process,
- Make risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success,
- Continue to identify, create, develop and deliver new innovative fundraising incomes,
- Maintain and update database for fundraising events and to record donor contact,
- Create content and update Social Media platforms e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Adhere to Lakers Fundraising policy and procedures,
- Attend and support fundraising events organised by others as required
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Experience in fundraising and managing events.
- Experience in managing social media platforms.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Team player.
- Good IT skills and familiarity with web based CMS software specifically Salesforce.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
The duties outlined in this job description are not meant to be definitive or prescriptive and may be adapted to meet the changing needs of the organisation. The role will require attendance at activities and events outside normal Office hours.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter outlining your interest and experience along with a copy of your C.V to email@example.com
The Fundraising coordinator post is a 6 month contract position.
To download this job description please click on this link Fundraising Coordinator Job Spec 2018